Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Welcome to the Tour!

Welcome to the official blog for the "Pitch for Awareness - 2010 Natioinal Tour."

My name is Tom Willis... and I was born without arms and hands. So I use my legs and feet to do everything in my life including writing, driving, and even pitching!

In May 2008 I threw out the ceremonial first pitch before the Washington Nationals vs. San Diego Padres baseball game in San Diego. This "feat by amazing feet" (as it was called) was a big hit with the crowd and received extensive, positive media coverage. It proved to be a great way to show people that a person with a disability can do the same thing as any able-bodied person -- only in a different way.

So I decided to take this effort to the next level.

This summer I will throw out a first pitch at MLB stadiums across the country to continue to spread my message of the awareness ofthe abilities of persons with disabilities. And I'll conduct my program"No Hands - No Arms - No Problem!" for a local school or civic organization in each of my host cities.

I'll report each day during the tour to let you know what's going on. I hope you'll come along for the ride.

And you can help sponsor my tour (see website for details).

Be sure to check out my website for the tour -- www.pitchforawareness.com
and my personal/business website www.tomsfeet.com

Enjoy the ride!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home